Ground rules for living
Interesting points on how to have life work
- Be positive The words you speak and the thoughts you accept determine how you see life. You then act consistent with the way you see life and life proves your point of view to be true. If you want a life that works, don't speak negatively or accept negative thoughts about yourself, other people or your life. Don't speak or think negatively unless you want your words and thoughts to come true.
- Accept yourself You are the way you are whether you like it or not. Until you make peace with the way you are, you will never make peace with life. Accept every aspect of yourself, particularly the aspects that you don't like. Allow yourself to experience the hurt and the feelings of being worthless and not good enough. Allow yourself to be human. See the love and the beauty that you are, just the way that you are.
- Let go When you resist the way life is, you get upset and lose your ability to see clearly. You destroy love and make your situation worse. To restore both your effectiveness and your peace of mind, let go of your demands for how life should be and flow with the way life is. Be willing to experience all the hurt and the emotion that your circumstances reactivate. Then do whatever you need to do.
- Express your love To have love, open your heart and give love. Accept and appreciate people just the way they are. Be like a child. See the love and beauty in everyone. As you express your love for people, people will automatically be more loving toward you.
- Accept full responsibility for your life When you accept full 100% responsibility for what happens in your life, you have power. Others may also be responsible, but when you blame other people, they get your power. You become a victim and unable to take effective action. When you accept responsibility, you get your power back.
- Forgive yourself At the moment you did whatever you did, you saw life in a very particular way. If you were wiser and more aware, you would have acted differently, but you weren't. You only knew what you knew. So forgive yourself for not being wiser and more aware. Forgive yourself for acting consistent with your limited awareness. Know that you did the very best you could with the limited equipment you had at the time.
- Handle what doesn't work When an aspect of your life doesn't work, you get upset and close down. You lose your aliveness and peace of mind. Unworkability exists because you tolerate it. List all the items in your life that don't work and handle each one as fast as you can. Clean up your environment, your relationships, your health and your finances. Handle every aspect of your life that doesn't work.
- Let go of resentment Forgiveness is not for the other person, it's for you. When you resent, a part of you closes down inside. You become bitter and lose your ability to love. Resentments are a subconscious tool that we use to avoid hurt. Once you are willing to feel your hurt, the need to resent disappears. You can then forgive. Forgive the person for not being wiser and more aware. Forgive the person for acting consistent with his or her limited ability.
- Don't overspend Upsets about money seem to be due to a lack of income, but this is seldom the case. Most people in the world would love to have your level of income. Upsets about money are almost always due to overspending. When spending exceeds your income, you can expect to get upset. To create a life of prosperity, make sure you spend less than you make and appreciate what you have.
- Find a dream to go for When you have a dream to go for, life becomes an exciting adventure. You have direction and a reason for living. You add spice to your life. If you don't have a dream to go for, get one as fast as you can. Find your dreams and go full speed to make them come true.
- Serve - Have your life be about more than you When you put focus on yourself, upsets and problems grow. When you focus on serving, upsets and problems dissolve. Find something more important than you and throw yourself into it. Have your life be about contributing.
- Experience your spirituality Love is your life force. The source of love is God. Create a personal relationship with God and allow yourself to be guided. Be still and listen. Pray and trust your intuition. Find what allows you experience the presence of God and do it often. Give your life to God and learn to love.
Do you have an area of life that isn't working?
Are you having a difficult time? Do you have a relationship or an area of life that isn't working? Would you like to have this area clear up? You can. The best way to do this is to work directly with Bill Ferguson and attend our weekend workshop, Return To The Heart. You can also get our Mastery of Life Video Course.
You can create a great life, but you have to know how. Our free e-course shows you the basic steps. As you work with the lessons, you change your life.