Why certain areas of
life don't work
Interesting bullet points about life from the book, Get Your Power Back
- The problem areas of life are not the problem If you have a relationship or any other area of life that isn't working, there will always be an underlying condition of resisting or hanging on. This makes you defensive and destroys your ability to see clearly. It keeps you from finding solutions and forces you to act in a way that magnifies the problem.
- We fight the truth At any moment, the people in your life are the way that they are. The circumstances of your life are the way that they are and you are the way that you are. Everything may change tomorrow, but at any moment, what’s so is always what’s so. The areas of your life that don't work are areas where you are fighting the truth.
- Fighting the truth keeps life from working When you fight the truth, you destroy your ability to see the truth. When you can’t see the truth of the way your situation is, you can’t see what you need to do. Instead of focusing on solutions, the focus is on resisting. Instead of resolving the problem, you magnify it.
- Whatever you resist gets magnified Imagine four yellow balloons, but whatever you do, don’t think about them. Notice what happens when you try not to think of them. You get more yellow balloons. The same principle applies in every aspect of life. The more you resist something, the more you magnify it.
- Upsets are never caused by what happens Upsets seem to be caused by what happens, but they are not. Upsets are caused by fighting and resisting what happens. The moment you take away the fighting and resisting, the upset disappears. You restore your ability to see clearly can see what needs to be done.
- Resisting destroys love Notice how it feels when someone can’t accept you for who you are. It hurts. You then get upset and become critical of the other person. Then that person gets upset and becomes more critical of you. When you fight the truth of the way someone is, you create conflict and destroy love.
- When you blame, you throw away your power When you blame, you make yourself a victim and destroy your ability to take effective action. Instead of focusing on yourself, you focus on the other person. This keeps you stuck. If you can’t see your role in a problem, you won’t be able to do anything about it.
- Flowing with life is the key to mastery of life Look at the areas of your life that work effortlessly. These are areas where you can flow with whatever happens. When you can flow with life, you have inner peace. You see your situation clearly and can see what needs to be done.
- Letting go restores your effectiveness The moment you let go of the resisting, everything looks different. Fear and upset lose power. You see clearly and can find solutions you could never have seen before. The ability to let go is one of the most important skills you can ever learn.
- We fight the truth to avoid feeling a hurt from the past On the surface, we resist certain circumstances, but on a deeper level, we don’t resist the circumstances, we resist all the feelings and emotion that the circumstances reactivate. We resist a very specific hurt from the past.
- We run from the hurt of feeling not okay As a little child, we experienced painful losses of love. We then blamed ourselves. We created the belief that were worthless, unlovable, not good enough, a failure, or some other form of feeling not okay. We then spend the rest of our lives running from this suppressed emotion.
- The avoidance of this hurt is what sabotages our lives Avoiding this hurt creates the fear, upset and tunnel vision that sabotages our lives. Every area of life that doesn’t work can be traced to this hurt. Fortunately, this hurt is based on an illusion and can be healed. As you heal this hurt, you gain power over your life.
- The key to healing hurt is to feel it willingly Little children are masters at healing hurt. This is because they feel their hurt willingly. This willingness allows the hurt to run its course. It comes and then it goes. When you fight the hurt, it can’t release. It turns into pain and stays.
- There are two types of hurt There is the hurt of the circumstances and the deeper, childhood hurt of feeling worthless, unlovable, failure, or some other form of feeling not okay. It's the automatic avoidance of this deeper hurt that sabotages our lives.
- Every area of your life that doesn’t work can be resolved It is possible to handle all the areas of your life that don’t work. You can heal your past and you can get your power back. You can have love in every relationship and in every aspect of life. We can show you how.
Do you have an area of life that isn't working?
Are you having a difficult time? Do you have a relationship or an area of life that isn't working? Would you like to have this area clear up? You can. The best way to do this is to work directly with Bill Ferguson and attend our weekend workshop, Return To The Heart. You can also get our Mastery of Life Video Course.
You can create a great life, but you have to know how. Our free e-course shows you the basic steps. As you work with the lessons, you change your life.